Welcome to Shepton Mallet Tourist Information and Heritage Centre. To contact us and for our opening times, please click HERE
Our service includes:
- Bus and Coach Timetables, click here. To find out buses and coaches that depart from a stop, click here and type your bus stop ie Shepton Mallet Station Road, you wish to catch the bus from.
- Come and see our new Shepton Mallet Lambs for £11.95 and the bears for £8.95!
- Go to our Facebook page (Shepton Mallet Tourist Information Centre) and follow us on Twitter (@smtic).
- Listings and links to events happening in the Shepton Mallet area (scroll down for information).
- A wide range of free information on attractions, accommodation, theatres, transport, cycling and walks.
- Information on local hotels, bed-and-breakfast, farmhouse, self-catering and camping accommodation and caravan and tent hire.
- SAVER TICKETS for events and attractions in the town and surrounding countryside including major events at the Royal Bath and West Showground and local events. Scroll down to our 'Forthcoming Events' for links to further information.
- Booking Agent for Berrys Coaches Superfast Service to London, Southwest Coaches, Avalon, Aston and Taylors Coach Travel Ltd.
- Ordance Survey, Explorer, Road and Historical maps.
- Traditional locally made Somerset Cider Mugs. Click here for more information on our gift and card range.
- Postcards, books, pictures, local souvenirs, walks leaflets, guides and Heritage trails.
- The social and industrial history of the town, from pre-Roman times to the present day, is depicted in displays within the Centre.
- Most major Debit and Credit Cards accepted (min spend £10).
ADVANCE SAVER TICKETS ON SALE.
SEE OUR FORTHCOMING EVENTS LISTING FOR MORE INFORMATION
We also have Saver tickets available at our sales counter for:
- Cheddar Caves - save £3.00 on Adult and Child tickets
- The West Somerset Railway - save £4.70 on family tickets, £1.90 on Adult tickets, £1.60 on Senior tickets and 95p on Child tickets
- Local Theatres - Theatre Tokens available
- The Great Dorset Steam Fair
- Wookey Hole Caves and Mill
- Frome Agricultural & Cheese Show
GIFTS & CARDS
We have a wide selection of gifts including (click here for more information):
- Traditional Somerset Cider Mugs
- Jeff Body sheep and stone sculptures
- Shepton Mallet calendars, coasters, teddies, bookmarks and pens.
- Local history, Cider, Railway, walking, children's books and activity books. Many of our books are locally written.
- Sheep pencils, magnets and key rings