Welcome to Shepton Mallet Tourist Information and Heritage Centre. To contact us and for our opening times, please click HERE
Our service includes:
- Bus and Coach Timetables, click here. To find out buses and coaches that depart from a stop, click here and type your bus stop ie Shepton Mallet Station Road, you wish to catch the bus from.
- Goto our Facebook page (Shepton Mallet Tourist Information Centre) and follow us on Twitter (@smtic).
- Lisitngs and links to events happening in the Shepton Mallet area (scroll down for information).
- A wide range of free information on attractions, accommodation, theatres, transport, cycling and walks.
- Information on local hotels, bed-and-breakfast, farmhouse, self-catering and camping accommodation and caravan and tent hire.
- SAVER TICKETS for events and attractions in the town and surrounding countryside including major events at the Royal Bath and West Showground and local events. Scroll down to our 'Forthcoming Events' for links to further information.
- Booking Agent for Berrys Coaches Superfast Service to London, Southwest Coaches, Avalon, Aston and Taylors Coach Travel Ltd.
- Ordance Survey, Explorer, Road and Historical maps.
- Traditional locally made Somerset Cider Mugs. Click here for more information on our gift and card range.
- Postcards, books, pictures, local souvenirs, walks leaflets, guides and Heritage trails.
- The social and industrial history of the town, from pre-Roman times to the present day, is depicted in displays within the Centre.
- Most major Debit and Credit Cards accepted (min spend £10).
We have a monthly raffle with the main prize as a meal voucher with a local restaurant, cafe, pub or hotel.
The JULY draw is for a cream tea for two at Ston Easton Park Hotel, Ston Easton (www.stoneaston.co.uk/)
RAFFLE IN AID OF EADY'S JOURNEY
Tickets are now on sale to win a "Shepton Mallet sheep", the first cast from a new Jeff Body sculpture. The sheep will be on tour in and around Shepton Mallet over the summer.(www.eadysjourney.co.uk/)
ADVANCE SAVER TICKETS ON SALE
SEE OUR FORTHCOMING EVENTS LISTING FOR MORE INFORMATION
We also have Saver tickets available at our sales counter for:
- The Godney Gathering. Tickets £20 (+10% booking fee) onsale from 1st April 2014. Save £5 on each adult ticket price.
- RNAS Yeovilton Air Day - Adult £20 (Gate price £25) and child £6 (Gate price £12).
- Great Dorset Steam Fair - Adult £16.50 (Gate price £20), Seniors £15 (Gate price £17), Child 6 - 15 years £7 (Gate price £8) Sunday only adults and seniors £10 (Gate price £12)
- WW1 Commemoration Fish and Chips meal - at Whitstones 2.30 - 4.30 pm £6
- Cheddar Caves - save £3.00 on each Adult and Child tickets
- The West Somerset Railway - save £5.10 on family tickets, £2.50 on Adult tickets, £2.20 on Senior tickets and £1.30 on Child tickets
- Local Theatres - tickets vary according to theatre and show.
GIFTS & CARDS
We have a wide selection of gifts including (click here for more information):
- Traditional Somerset Cider Mugs
- Jeff Body sheep and stone sculptures
- Shepton Mallet calendars, coasters, teddies, bookmarks and pens.
- Local history, Cider, Railway, walking, children's books and activity books. Many of our books are locally written.
- Sheep pencils, magnets and key rings