Welcome to Shepton Mallet Tourist Information and Heritage Centre. To contact us and for our opening times, please click HERE
2014 CALENDAR NOW AVAIALABLE FROM OUR SALES COUNTER - ONLY £2.99!
Our service includes:
- Bus and Coach Timetables, click here. To find out buses and coaches that depart from a stop, click here and type your bus stop ie Shepton Mallet Station Road, you wish to catch the bus from.
- Goto our Facebook page (Shepton Mallet Tourist Information Centre) and follow us on Twitter (@smtic).
- Lisitngs and links to events happening in the Shepton Mallet area (scroll down for information).
- A wide range of free information on attractions, accommodation, theatres, transport, cycling and walks.
- Information on local hotels, bed-and-breakfast, farmhouse, self-catering and camping accommodation and caravan and tent hire.
- SAVER TICKETS for events and attractions in the town and surrounding countryside including major events at the Royal Bath and West Showground and local events. Scroll down to our 'Forthcoming Events' for links to further information.
- Booking Agent for Berrys Coaches Superfast Service to London, Southwest Coaches, Avalon, Aston and Clapton Coach Tours.
- Ordance Survey, Explorer, Road and Historical maps.
- Traditional locally made Somerset Cider Mugs. Click here for more information on our gift and card range.
- Postcards, books, pictures, local souvenirs, walks leaflets, guides and Heritage trails.
- The social and industrial history of the town, from pre-Roman times to the present day, is depicted in displays within the Centre.
- Most major Debit and Credit Cards accepted (min spend £10).
We have a monthly raffle with the main prize as a meal voucher with a local restaurant, cafe, pub or hotel.
The MARCH draw is dinner for two at The Swan Hotel (Sadler Street, Wells, BA5 2RX: www.swanhotelwells.co.uk)
ADVANCE SAVER TICKETS ON SALE
SEE OUR FORTHCOMING EVENTS LISTING FOR MORE INFORMATION
We also have Saver tickets available at our sales counter for:
- Shepton Mallet History Group Film - The Mid-Somerset Show. Tickets £5.00 from our Counter.
- West Country Game Fair - save £3.00 on each Adult ticket, £8.00 on a Family ticket and £2.00 on a Child ticket.
- Motorhome Show - One ticket admits two people for £10.00 (on door price £7.50 each Adult).
- Cheddar Caves - save £3.00 on each Adult and Child tickets
- The West Somerset Railway - save £5.10 on family tickets, £2.50 on Adult tickets, £2.20 on Senior tickets and £1.30 on Child tickets
- Local Theatres - tickets vary according to theatre and show.
GIFTS & CARDS
We have a wide selection of gifts including (click here for more information):
- Traditional Somerset Cider Mugs
- Jeff Body sheep and stone sculptures
- Shepton Mallet calendars, coasters, teddies, bookmarks and pens.
- Local history, Cider, Railway, walking, children's books and activity books. Many of our books are locally written.
- Sheep pencils, magnets and key rings